HIRELY (UEN: 53432138X)
Effective: [to insert effective date of this policy]
By visiting the Hirely Platform, signing up for or using services offered by the Hirely Platform or submitting information to or otherwise communicating with Hirely, you agree to be bound by the terms of this Policy. By providing your personal data to us, you consent to us processing your personal data in accordance with this Policy, and you confirm that all personal data provided by you is accurate and complete, and that none of it is misleading or out of date. You will promptly update us in the event of any change to your personal data.
Pursuant to the PDPA, “Personal Data” means any data, whether true or not, which is (a) about an individual who can be identified (i) from that data; or (ii) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access and would include data in our records as may be updated from time to time, or (b) defined as “personal data” or “personal information” under any applicable data protection laws.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
What Information Do We Collect
We may need to collect certain Personal Data when you register with us and use the Hirely Platform in order to facilitate the provision of our services and to maintain our quality standards. The information we collect about you when you sign up for or use any of our services may include the following:
· Data you have provided in creating an account on our Hirely Platform (“Account”) which may include personal particulars, such as your name, postal address, photograph, credit card and relevant payment details and other contact details (e.g. telephone number and e-mail address).
· Your Account data and electronic identification data (including data added thereto). Such data may include other electronic identification data (such as IP address, MAC address) and the data you add to your Account such as your password, your date of birth, your gender, your language of preference, the time zone you live in, your picture and other information you may share with us.
· Information regarding your use of our services, that may include data regarding the pages you visit, and the products and services you like.
· Your reviews such as the opinions, experiences, preferences, interests, and reviews that you publish on our Hirely Platform or share with us online or through social media.
· Your communication data such as your requests, complaints, and any other data that we receive via different modes of communication such as electronic mail, online or via social media.
· Such other Personal Data as may be provided by you from time to time.
We may also gather statistical information about sales which may be passed to third parties, but this information is entirely anonymous and cannot be used to identify you personally.
- App will use your device's location to provide the best service providers near you!
How Do We Collect Information
We collect information from you when:
· You register for an Account via the Hirely Platform;
· You connect with other Customers or Vendors via our Hirely Platform (where applicable);
· You use any of our related services, such as subscribing to our mailing lists for updates, service-related notifications;
· You browse our services or otherwise interact with our Hirely Platform;
· You submit a query or feedback to us, or contact or correspond with us in any way whether by electronic means or otherwise;
· We receive references from business partners and third parties, for example, where they referred you to us to enjoy the benefits of a joint promotion or collaboration or to redeem a voucher you purchased through them;
· Your authorised representative submits your Personal Data to us for any purpose reasonably authorised by you;
· Our third-party analytics and other service providers provide your Personal Data to us, which was collected and processed by them and disclosed to us pursuant to their separate privacy policies; or
· When you voluntarily submit your Personal Data to us for any reason.
We may also collect your Personal Data in circumstances where such collection does not require consent under the PDPA.
We are committed to offering our customers a safe and secure environment. Whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard the personal data that you provide to us, no transmission over the Internet can ever be guaranteed secure. Consequently, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data that you transfer via electronic means to us; any transmission is at your own risk.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA
Your Personal Data and other information collected may be used by Hirely individually or collectively and may be combined with other information for the following purposes:
For our business operations, including:
· registering and maintaining your Account;
· administering and updating your Account with our Hirely Platform;
· verifying and processing your personal particulars;
· for identification purposes;
· facilitating or processing your transactions with us;
· sending you updates via electronic communication;
· processing your billing information, which may be contracted to our third-party payment gateways;
· processing your refunds in accordance with our terms;
· allowing you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; communicating with you regard to your use of our Hirely Platform;
· responding to any queries or requests by you;
· customising your experience with us, identifying your preferences, recommending features, products, or services;
· to maintain appropriate business records such as for internal and statutory reporting or record keeping;
· to monitor and improve our provision of the services through our Hirely Platform;
· conducting customer satisfaction surveys and collecting feedback from you;
· to generate aggregated statistics about the users of our services;
· conducting research and analysis activities such as data analytics and surveys to improve our services or develop new features or products; and
· for any other purposes for which we have obtained your consent.
For marketing and promotional purposes, including:
· where you consent, processing and sending to you marketing, advertising, and promotional information on our services, products, events, promotions, by us or our business or brand partners, whether by electronic means or otherwise;
· targeting or retargeting you with advertisements, or serving you customised advertisements across other websites, applications, or social media sites which you visit; or
· administering or enrolling you in lucky draws, contests, or other similar promotions.
For general business or legal purposes including:
· investigating and resolving claims and disputes;
· responding to requests for information from public, governmental, or regulatory authorities;
· for audit, compliance, investigation, and inspection purposes;
· complying with any applicable law, regulatory, legal process, or government request;
· enforcing or applying our Hirely Platform terms and conditions, or protecting our rights or property;
· pursuing legal rights and remedies and defending litigation;
· in connection with business transactions such as mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, restructuring, financing, or acquisition of our business;
· any other purposes permitted by law; and
· any other purposes which we specifically seek your consent, which you may withdraw at any time.
We may disclose your information on a confidential basis to our agents, subcontractors, bankers, and third-party service providers in connection with the proper provision of services to you.
We may also transfer your information to an assignee of the whole or a substantial part of Hirely’s business. Subject to the foregoing, we will not share, trade, or sell your information to any company or parties not directly associated with its proper use in accordance with the terms of our service or as described above, except when you give us explicit permission or where we are under a legal obligation to do so.
ACCESSING OR CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You may update certain information about yourself on pages via our Hirely Platform such as the profile page.
You may request to access and/or correct your Personal Data currently in our possession or control by submitting a written request to us at the contact details set out below. The following terms apply:
· all requests are subject to applicable law;
· we will need sufficient information from you to ascertain your identity and the nature of your request before we can deal with your request;
· we shall have the right to charge a reasonable fee for the handling and processing of your requests to access or correct your Personal Data. We will provide you with a written estimate of the fees and shall have the right not to respond with your request until you have agreed to pay the fee; and
· where your Personal Data is corrected, we may, at our discretion, send the corrected Personal Data to any organisations which your Personal Data was disclosed by us within a year before the date the correction was made, unless the corrected Personal Data is not needed for legal or business purposes. Please inform us if you prefer to only send the corrected personal data to specific organisations.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We retain your personal data for as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes for which it was collected or to which you have given your consent, except where otherwise provided for by law.
OPTING-OUT / WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT / RETENTION OF DATA
If you wish to withdraw your consent for us to send you sales, marketing or promotional information, please inform us as follows:
1. to withdraw consent from receiving SMS promotions: please unsubscribe by following the steps provided in the promotional SMS;
2. to withdraw consent from promotional emails: please click on the Unsubscribe link in the promotional emails;
3. to withdraw consent from receiving promotional material with your order package: please email our Data Protection Officer at the email address provided below.
Once we receive notification that you wish to withdraw your consent for receiving marketing or promotional materials or communications, it may take up to thirty (30) days for your withdrawal to be reflected in our systems. Therefore, you may still receive marketing or promotional materials or communications during this period.
If you withdraw your consent to receive marketing or promotional materials through a specific communication mode (e.g. SMS), we may still contact you for other purposes in relation to the products and services via other communication modes you have subscribed to (e.g. email).
You may withdraw your consent for the collection, use and/or disclosure of any of your Personal Data in our possession or under our control by submitting a written request via email to our Data Protection Officer. Note that, depending on the nature of the consent withdrawal, we may not be able to continue to provide you with some or all of our products or services. We will process such a request within a reasonable time from receiving notice from you of your withdrawal of consent. Once the processing is complete, we will no longer collect, use and/or disclose your Personal Data, except to the extent we retain your Personal Data for compliance, regulatory or other legal purposes.
UPDATES ON DATA PROTECTION POLICY
As part of our efforts to ensure that we properly manage, protect and process your Personal Data, we will be reviewing our policies, procedures and processes and may change this Policy from time to time. In this regard, we may update this Policy to ensure that it is consistent with industry trends and any changes in legal and regulatory requirements by posting the updated version of the Policy on our Hirely Platform.
Subject to your rights at law, you agree to be bound by the prevailing terms of the Policy as updated from time to time on our Hirely Platform. Any amended Policy will be posted on our Hirely Platform, and the “effective date” at the top of this Policy will be amended to reflect when it was last revised.
By continuing to use our Hirely Platform and/or services after the Policy has been amended, you hereby agree to be bound by the terms of such amended Policy.
You are encouraged to visit the Hirely Platform from time to time to ensure that you are well-informed of our latest policies in relation to Personal Data protection.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our Hirely Platform may contain links to other websites and resources operated by third parties or our affiliates. These links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the content of and the information contained in those websites or resources and accept no responsibility for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these websites or resources. For more information, please refer to the privacy statement of the website you are visiting (if such a statement is provided).
For any questions relating to your Personal Data or about this Policy, if you have a complaint regarding the collection, use or handling of your Personal Data by us, or any other privacy-related queries, please contact us at __________________. Or by writing to the following address:___________________________________
Emails and letters should clearly state that you are making a data protection query, request or complain in the subject line to ensure the matter is dealt with expediently. We will strive to deal with any query, request, or complaint promptly and fairly.
This Policy and your use of this Hirely Platform shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the Republic of Singapore.